Named a 2011 Southern California Rising Star, a distinction that honors the top 2.5 percent of lawyers age 40 or under, or who have been in practice for less than 10 years.
Adam R. Fox
Adam Fox has a national practice litigating complex, high-profile, high-stakes controversies. He has tried a variety of cases to verdict and argued numerous appeals addressing a wide range of subject matters, including commercial disputes, environmental, toxic tort and product defect claims, and criminal matters. He chairs the Squire Sanders Litigation Practice Group in Los Angeles and also maintains an office in New York.
Prior to joining Squire Sanders, Adam served as a judicial clerk for the late Honorable Robert B. Krupansky of the US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, and continues to weave legal scholarship into his practice. Adam has written several law review articles and other publications. He has also lectured, presented papers or served on speaking panels at the University of Colorado Law School, George Mason University School of Law, Rutgers University School of Law and the University of California at Los Angeles. He has been a speaker at conferences sponsored by the American Bar Association and the Defense Research Institute.
A graduate of the Riordan Volunteer Leadership Development Program, Adam serves as chair of the Los Angeles branch of the National Campaign to Stop Violence and coordinates office pro bono
activities. He is also a member of the British-American Business Council. Adam has been recommended in The Legal 500 US
in automotive and transport product liability defense. He has also been repeatedly identified by Benchmark: Litigation
as a “future star” and by Thomson Reuters as a Southern California Rising Star.
- Securing as lead trial counsel a jury verdict for a commercial plaintiff and counterclaim defendant involved in an international contract dispute regarding the importation of goods subjected to antidumping tariffs.
- Representing an industry trade association and several of its members as plaintiffs in a nationally publicized Lanham Act false advertising case that achieved a satisfactory settlement following the successful pre-trial challenge of one of the defendants’ experts addressing damages.
- Obtaining as lead trial counsel a defense jury verdict for a major seat belt manufacturer against multiple claims of wrongful death and serious injury.
- Acting as trial counsel and obtaining a defense jury verdict for a well-known petrochemical company against multiple claims of serious injury arising from alleged toxic exposure.
- Orchestrating a multimillion-dollar directed verdict for the US subsidiary of a major multinational corporation prosecuting a complex business dispute involving claims of breach of contract and fraud.
- Obtaining summary judgment for a computer motherboard designer against several patent infringement claims for technology essential to their business.
- Obtaining summary judgment for a supplier of airbag components in an action involving claims of serious brain injury and wrongful death.
- Securing an appellate court mandate vacating an order of a trial court that had denied a motion to dismiss a Japan-based company for lack of personal jurisdiction although its only contact with the forum was its US subsidiary.
- Obtaining an appellate court mandate vacating an order of a trial court that had denied a motion to dismiss a US manufacturer for being named after the statute of limitations although the plaintiffs tried to substitute it for a “Doe” defendant.
- Employing ADR procedures to successfully negotiate and resolve numerous disputes relating to trademark and technology licenses.
- Securing orders and Special Examiner appointment to compel production of documents and take testimony in the United States in aid of legal proceedings pending in the People’s Republic of China.
- Representing entertainment industry players including a major graphic novel publisher, an international animation company, a world champion boxer, a major recording artist, one of Hollywood’s top actors, and the licensing and merchandising company of one of the world’s most famous comedy teams.
Cornell University, J.D., senior note editor, Cornell Law Review, 1996University of Colorado, B.A., magna cum laude, 1993
U.S. Ct. of App., Ninth Circuit
U.S. Ct. of App., Sixth Circuit
U.S. Ct. of App., Third Circuit
U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. of Ohio
U.S. Dist. Ct., C. Dist. of California
U.S. Dist. Ct., Dist. of Colorado
U.S. Dist. Ct., E. Dist. of California
U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. of California
U.S. Dist. Ct., S. Dist. of California
U.S. Supreme Court