Squire Sanders is top-ranked in Legal Week's annual Client Satisfaction Report, a survey ranking the UK's largest law firms according to feedback from the UK's largest companies.
Squire Sanders (UK) LLP
Our Manchester office is a full-service legal office, serving a number of the northwest UK’s leading private and public institutions. Since opening in 1993, we have attracted work from local, UK and international clients.
Aside from offering clients the full range of commercial services, our Manchester office has a strong focus in chemicals, nuclear energy, renewables, hospitality and leisure, manufacturing, retail and financial services.
Our core services in Manchester include:
- Banking – advising financial institutions and corporate clients across a range of UK and cross-border banking and other finance-related transactions.
- Business Recovery and Insolvency – advising on all forms of corporate insolvency regimes including administration, corporate voluntary arrangements, administrative receiverships, Law of Property Act (LPA) receivership and liquidations. We also advise on restructuring and reorganizations.
- Commercial – counselling in all areas of commercial, intellectual property and IT including advising on contracts, joint ventures, licensing, collaboration and R&D, outsourcing, franchising, e-commerce, data protection and transactional support.
- Construction – advising on issues ranging from project management, site advice, disputes, procurement strategy and other contract issues in the areas of building, development, renewables, and civil and heavy engineering.
- Corporate Finance – counselling in all areas of corporate activity including international and domestic mergers and acquisitions, public company takeovers, IPOs and secondary offerings, private equity, joint ventures, project support and corporate governance.
- Dispute Resolution – advising clients on a range of disputes including trade and cross-border disputes as well as property, pensions and finance disputes. We also offer advice on fraud, risk and alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
- Employment – advising in all areas of employment law including boardroom disputes and executive terminations, litigation, industrial action, flexible working, redundancies, restructuring, contracts, data protection, discrimination and the UK’s Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE).
- EU and Competition – assisting clients with all aspects of EU and UK competition, state aid and procurement law including merger control, and advising on behavioral investigations, competition-related disputes, distribution agreements, technology licenses, and joint ventures and strategic alliances. Our team also advises on competition compliance issues including devising and undertaking competition compliance audits and mock dawn raids. We have particular expertise in sector-specific economic regulation in energy and utilities, electronic communications and airports/aviation.
- Health, Safety and Environment – advising clients in relation to their obligations under health and safety laws as well as providing general and project-specific advice on all aspects of contentious UK and EU environmental law. Our team also advises corporate clients on general regulatory matters.
- Pensions – advising on all corporate pensions issues relating to employers and trustees as well as advising on all matters related to public sector pensions.
- Property – advising clients on a range of property and construction matters including the acquisition of sites for office, retail, industrial and leisure purposes and the freehold or leasehold disposal during or upon completion of the development.
- Tax – assisting clients with UK and international tax structuring and advisory work including tax issues relating to corporate finance and property transitions, share schemes, employees, intellectual property and indirect taxes.
16 John Dalton Street
+44 161 830 5000
+44 161 830 5001