Stacy was one of the first three lawyers to become a Certified Legal Project Manager through a rigorous program offered by LegalBizDev.
Stacy D. Ballin
Stacy Ballin specializes her litigation practice on complex contract disputes. Over the course of 30 years, she has accumulated diverse litigation experience in many areas including professional liability, the aerospace and defense industry, and diversified industrials. Stacy has successfully handled jury trials and appeals in state and federal courts, as well as arbitrations, mediations and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
Stacy has served as trial and appellate counsel to public and private sector clients and prosecuted and defended multimillion-dollar lawsuits.
Stacy received an AV Preeminent rating by Martindale-Hubbell and is included in the inaugural edition of Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
. She is recognized as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in the “Women Lawyers in the Law” section of the January 2013 issue of The American Lawyer
. She is also regularly named an Ohio Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters
In addition to maintaining an active trial docket, Stacy also serves as the firm’s General Counsel.
- Representing a global law firm on professional liability claims and partnership issues.
- Representing a global supplier of systems and services to the aerospace, defense and homeland security markets in numerous litigation matters including a contract dispute with a subcontractor, a contract dispute alleging breaches of warranties and misrepresentations in connection with the sale of one of its divisions to a competitor, and a contract dispute over a long term agreement on pricing and performance issues.
- Representing Japan’s largest steel manufacturer in a breach of contract dispute arising over responsibility for environmental liabilities.
- Representing the owner of a first-class landmark hotel in a contract dispute against a hotel tenant and the guarantor of the hotel lease.
- Representing one of the largest professional services firms in the world and one of the Big Four auditors in a professional malpractice and negligence action.
- Representing a US$10.9 billion publicly traded real estate company in an alleged contract dispute arising out of a real estate development project in Florida.
- Representing the nation’s fifth largest electric company in numerous property tax valuation challenges.
- Representing a global diversified power management company in a contract dispute involving alleged breaches of warranties and representations in connection with the sale of one of its divisions.
- Representing a major international tool cutting manufacturer in a contract dispute.
- Representing an international manufacturer of environmental pollution control equipment in a contract dispute.
- Representing an international steel company in numerous contract disputes.
- Representing a public sector client in contract and tort disputes involving the design, construction and use of a sewage interceptor line.
- Representing a major film manufacturer in a contract dispute.
- Representing a major film manufacturer in an appeal of the jury verdict in a commercial litigation matter, achieving reversal and judgment entered in favor of our client at the appellate level.
- Representing a public sector client in a contract dispute with a contractor, achieving reversal in favor of our client at the appellate level after entry of a directed verdict against our client at the trial court level.
- Representing a specially appointed guardian in a probate action before the Ohio Supreme Court.
- Representing the largest US-based beer manufacturer in an administrative tax appeal.
- Representing a US-based steel company in the appeal of an adverse jury verdict in antitrust litigation.
- Representing the nation’s fifth largest electric company in numerous property tax valuation administrative appeals.
- “Scope Changes in Litigation,” Legal Business Development Blog, jimhassett.com, August 14, 2013.
- Contributing author, Legal Project Management Quick Reference Guide: Tools and Templates to Increase Efficiency, Third Edition, 2013.
Case Western Reserve University, J.D., valedictorian, Order of the Coif, editor, Case Western Reserve Law Review, 1983Bucknell University, B.A., cum laude, 1980
U.S. Supreme Court
U.S. Ct. of App., Third Circuit
U.S. Ct. of App., Sixth Circuit
U.S. Ct. of App., Tenth Circuit
U.S. Dist. Ct., N. Dist. of Ohio
U.S. Dist. Ct., Dist. of Colorado